There is no better source of information than a specialty mattress store when you’re preparing to purchase a new bed. Most mattresses last a good 10 years, so it’s likely a lot has changed since you last shopped for a mattress. Wildcat Mattress in Nicholasville, Kentucky can bring you up to speed on mattress brands, models, types, materials, sizes and technology, all with a view to fitting your individual needs and preferences. Nothing beats a one-on-one meeting with one of our store representatives, and we always love speaking with people who come in with a few ideas in mind. Before you stop by our showroom, get information here about mattress sizes, comfort levels, shopping tips and much more.
Mattress comfort level
Choose from a wide range of mattress comfort options, including:
- Firm – extra body support is offered with a coil system or more layers of dense foam; generally recommended for stomach sleepers, some back sleepers, and the overweight.
- Plush – downy cushioning is added to the support layers for a cushy feeling as if you’re “sinking in,” rather than laying on top of the bed; generally recommended for side sleepers and back sleepers.
- Pillow Top – offers a “cloud-like” sleep with body-conforming comfort layers sewn onto the top of the mattress; ideal for chronic back pain sufferers, back sleepers, and the overweight.
- Euro Top – similar to pillow top but with the extra padding sewn in for a more uniform appearance.
Wildcat offers a wide range of different mattress types, including:
- Innerspring – A cost-effective, durable, traditional-style mattress made with steel coils topped with cotton, polyester, wool or foam padding.
- Memory Foam – A soft mattress made of high-density polyurethane developed by NASA that conforms to your body to relieve pressure and distribute weight evenly.
- Latex – Latex mattresses offer a soft feel similar to memory foam to reduce pressure points, but are derived from pure, natural, organic latex from the sap of the rubber tree, making it the ideal choice for allergy sufferers.
- Hybrid – Consumers get the best of both worlds – the durability of an innerspring core, combined with the body-conforming benefits of an uppermost layer of foam.
Wildcat carries all sizes of mattress, including:
- California King (72×84) – The biggest and best mattress for people over 6-foot tall.
- King (76×80) – A great mattress for couples who want maximum personal sleeping space.
- Queen (60×80) – A popular choice for couples who snuggle or singles who sprawl out.
- Full (53×75) – A great bed for reading to small children at night and adults 5-foot-5 or less.
- Twin (38×75) – A versatile mattress for small rooms and children’s beds.
- Twin XL (38×79) – Narrow but long, the most popular bed size for college dormitories.
Wildcat store representatives are experienced in helping a wide variety of customers find the best mattress for their needs, including:
- Back pain sufferers – Supportive, medium-firm mattresses made from innerspring coils are recommended.
- Neck pain sufferers – Supportive, medium-firm mattresses made from innerspring coils are recommended.
- Poor circulation sufferers – Adjustable air mattresses are recommended.
- Back sleepers – Medium-firm innerspring, memory foam, or latex mattresses are recommended.
- Side sleepers – Softer firm innerspring, memory foam, or latex mattresses are recommended.
- Stomach sleepers – Firmer innerspring, memory foam, or latex mattresses are recommended.
- Couples – King-size mattresses or two connected twin hybrid mattresses are recommended.
Here at Wildcat, we are happy to offer up mattress shopping tips:
- How to find the right mattress: We advise trying the full range of styles (from innerspring to foam latex) and firmness levels (from ultra-firm to ultra-plush) to determine your comfort profile.
- When to buy a mattress: If you have allergy symptoms, morning headaches, neck or back pain, it could be time for a new bed. If it’s been 10 years or so since your last mattress purchase, it’s probably time to buy. Wildcat offers coupons and deals, as well as special financing, all year round.
- Where to get your next mattress: Specialty mattress stores like Wildcat offer the most knowledgeable experts, as well as the best selection and most relaxed shopping experience. Online stores offer convenience, but do not let you try the mattresses. Big box stores offer limited selection and staff knowledge. Department stores often have higher prices and a more high-pressure experience.
For individual assistance, visit 2040 Lexington Road, Nicholasville, KY, 40356 or call 859-887-2552.